Mohammad Mustafa Hassan | Feb 21, 2018 | 0
Highlights of Lux 16th Lux Style Awards 2017
Lux Style Award is the biggest award show of Pakistan. LSA has always been a night of glamour, elegancy and victory. Some take trophies with them while others take respect. For 16 years, LSA has provided the best source of entertainment.
On April 19, 2017, LSA was no less in its fashion and charm. From dressing to make over of celebrities, dance performances to comedy acts, victorious moments to paying tribute to lost souls, LSA’17 has left no stone unturned to be one of the best award night.
Here are some of the highlights of LSA’17:
- Firstly, it was directed by Hassan Shehryar Yasin a.k.a HSY- the famous designer. As a style icon, HSY’s direction was at its best in grandiosity and lavishness. He also succeeded in finishing the event on time.
- As host, Atif Aslam managed to hold the audience’s interest, whether in a comedy segment (with Osman Khalid Butt) or while mimicking Ali Zafar’s singing. He ended his part by paying a touching tribute to the late Junaid Jamshaid, who died in a planecrash earlier this year.
- Mahira Khan’s and Osman Khalid Butt’s (Obi) rap battle was true laughter therapy. It will make you nostalgic about Obi’s early YouTube days of celebrity, when he first began parodying the famous drama serial Humsafar.
- Obi also mocked Sahir Lodhi and the attention-grabbing strategies of morning shows. With these scripted bits, Obi proved that comedy is in his blood.
- The event got international touch when the famous Sultan Suleman (Halit Ergenç) of ‘Mera Sultan’ showed up surprisingly and was presented the award of International Icon.
- Reema made a comeback on stage with her dance performance. It is always a treat to watch Reema dancing and her sudden performance left the audience spellbound. She shared the stage with social media queen Mawra Hocane. It was an indeed a great idea of showing the two generations performing together.
- Last but not least, celebrity fashion was also on point. Every celebrity tried to dress up in more fashionable yet trendy way. And in this race Anum Malik (who wore Fahad Hussayn) and Rehan Bashir won Best Dressed Female and Male awards.
Stay tuned to watch the Lux Style Awards in Geo TV!
Edited by Shehzil Zahid.